Pre-Conference Workshops, Monday 25 April
- 8:30am-4:30pm: Simon Buckingham Shum and Simon Knight co-chaired the full-day workshop on “Critical Perspectives on Writing Analytics”, with Andrew Gibson contributing.
- 8:30am-12:30pm: Simon Knight co-chaired the workshop “Putting Temporal Analytics into Practice: The 5th International Workshop on Temporality in Learning Data”.
- 8:30am-4:30pm: Roberto Maldonado Martinez co-chaired the workshop “Learning Analytics across Physical and Digital Spaces.”
Doctoral Consortium, Tuesday 26 April
- Simon Buckingham Shum co-chaired the Doctoral Consortium for PhD students
Wednesday 27 April
- 1-1:30pm, St Trinnean’s room: Roberto Maldonado-Martinez and Simon Buckingham Shum presented their joint paper “Interactive Surfaces and Learning Analytics: Data, Orchestration Aspects, Pedagogical Uses and Challenges” as part of a session on Learning Tools and Interventions
- 3-3:30pm, Pentland West room: Simon Buckingham Shum presented his joint paper, “Reflecting on Reflective Writing Analytics: Assessment Challenges and Iterative Evaluation of a Prototype Tool” as part of a session on Language, writing and interaction. This paper was co-written by CIC web developer, Shawn Wang, and our IML Academic Literacies colleague Rosalie Goldsmith, together with colleagues at Georgetown University.
Friday 29 April
- 11am-12pm, Prestonfield room: Simon Buckingham Shum co-chaired on the Panel, “Institutional Learning Analytics Centres: Contexts, Strategies and Insights.”
For more information on the conference, visit the Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK) Conference website.