Time: 06:00 AM
Taking a transdisciplinary approach, the MDSI utilises a range of perspectives from diverse fields and integrates them with industry experiences, real-world projects and self-directed study, equipping graduates with an understanding of the potential of analytics to transform practice. The course is delivered in a range of modes, including contemporary online and face-to-face learning experiences in leading edge facilities.
Come along to our Postgraduate Information Evening Thursday 15th September 2016 from 5.30pm.
APPLY ON THE NIGHT
We thought you’d be happy to know that you can apply for postgraduate coursework programs direct to UTS on the night. Application forms will be available at this session and there will be no application fee for local or international students. However if you are not ready to apply, please still come along as the main purpose of the evening is to provide you with information about the course.
If you are interested in applying on the night, please make sure you have the correct documentation. We would also appreciate it if you would bring photocopies of all your original documents with you to speed up the application process on the night. We will be able to certify your photocopies upon sighting your original documents.
To take advantage of this opportunity to apply without paying an application fee, all applicants must bring the necessary supporting original documentation listed below.
- A personal statement in which you explain (approx. 500 words) why you wish to study the course you are applying for.
- An up-to-date resume outlining your academic and employment history
- An official academic transcript or record of study (note: transcripts printed from institution websites will not be accepted)
- Documentary verification of prior employment
- A testamur or proof of completion of study in original language and English translation
- Evidence of completion of study if this is not stated on the academic record
- Evidence of name change (if applicable)
- Translations of any documents not in English
- Proof of English proficiency if medium of instruction at undergraduate level was not in English (IELTS results etc)
- Proof of Australian citizenship or Permanent Residence if not born in Australia
If you do not have all of this documentation, the university prefers that you apply online via Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) as UAC can get your results electronically and chase up any other issues relating to your application. You can visit UAC at www.uac.edu.au/postgraduate (opens an external site).
Some of the benefits to applying through UAC are:
- Instant confirmation of application submission
- Electronic results retrieval for the majority of Australian universities – no need to purchase a transcript or organise verified copies by a Justice of the Peace
- Electronic upload facility for additional application documents where required for specific courses (ie. CVs and personal statements)
- Email communication about application outcome
- Online change of preference facility through your personal application portal “Check and Change”
NOT ABLE TO ATTEND?
APPLY AT ANOTHER TIME (FOR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS)
If you are not able to attend the information evening and you are not applying on the night you can apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) in the normal manner.
Thursday 15 September 2016, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Prospective Postgraduate coursework students